- A p53-based genetic tracing system to follow postnatal cardiomyocyte expansion in heart regeneration
Highlighted article: Clonal expansion of p53+ cardiomyocytes is observed in neonatal heart, pre-adolescent and adult hearts, as well as in regenerating neonatal hearts subject to three different injury models.
- Genome-wide identification of regulatory elements in Sertoli cells
Summary: Chromatin profiling identifies numerous putative transcriptional enhancers of genes important for sex determination and Sertoli development, and validate a novel enhancer upstream of Wt1.
- Neomorphic effects of the neonatal anemia (Nan-Eklf) mutation contribute to deficits throughout development
- Prdm16 is crucial for progression of the multipolar phase during neural differentiation of the developing neocortex
Summary: During mouse neurogenesis, levels of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species (mtROS) decline during differentiation. Prdm16 and PGC1α are candidate regulators of this metabolic shift.
- Stage- and subunit-specific functions of polycomb repressive complex 2 in bladder urothelial formation and regeneration
Summary: In mouse, mutations in different subunits of the PRC2 complex have specific effects on urothelial progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Sirt1 regulates acrosome biogenesis by modulating autophagic flux during spermiogenesis in mice
Summary: Germ cell-specific ablation of the sirtuin Sirt1 causes infertility, due to disruption of the autophagy pathway and consequent defects in acrosome biogenesis.
- The transcription factor mohawk homeobox regulates homeostasis of the periodontal ligament
Summary: Analyses of knockout mice indicate that the transcription factor mohawk regulates osteogenic changes associated with age and is essential for homeostasis of the periodontal ligament.
- The mammal-specific Pdx1 Area II enhancer has multiple essential functions in early endocrine cell specification and postnatal β-cell maturation
Summary: A crucial enhancer element in the Pdx1 promoter, termed Area II, is required for endocrine progenitor specification, α/β-cell lineage diversification and β-cell maturation in mice.
- Endothelial cell regulation of salivary gland epithelial patterning
Summary: In an ex vivo gland reconstitution model, perfusion-independent signaling by CD31+ endothelial cells opposes the emergence of K19+/K7+ cells in the endbuds of early developing submandibular salivary glands.
- Modulation of apical constriction by Wnt signaling is required for lung epithelial shape transition
Summary: Epithelial morphogenesis during the transition from the early to late stage of lung development is coordinated by the activity of Wnt signaling.