- The chromatin modifier Satb1 regulates cell fate through Fgf signalling in the early mouse embryo
Summary: Satb1 regulates the cell fate choice between pluripotency and differentiation in the early mouse embryo and is a downstream target of the Fgf signalling pathway.
- Stomach curvature is generated by left-right asymmetric gut morphogenesis
- Cooperative activation of cardiac transcription through myocardin bridging of paired MEF2 sites
Summary: In mice, bridging of paired MEF2C-bound MEF2 sites in a cardiac enhancer of the Prkaa2 gene by the transcriptional co-activator myocardin promotes cooperativity between the two homotypic elements.
- An essential role of CBL and CBL-B ubiquitin ligases in mammary stem cell maintenance
Summary: Cbl/Cbl-b double knockout in mouse mammary organoids leads to hyperactivation of AKT-mTOR signaling and depletion of mammary stem cells, which can be rescued by chemical inhibition of either AKT or mTOR.
- Intestinal epithelial organoids fuse to form self-organizing tubes in floating collagen gels
Summary: Culturing conventional mouse intestinal organoid cultures in contracting collagen gel induces the formation of macroscopic tubes, with all major cell types and crypt- and villus-like domains.
- A novel floor plate boundary defined by adjacent En1 and Dbx1 microdomains distinguishes midbrain dopamine and hypothalamic neurons
Summary: A novel boundary that subdivides the mouse mesodiencephalic floor plate into two microdomains, each giving rise to distinct types of neurons, is identified.
- Genetic redundancy of GATA factors in the extraembryonic trophoblast lineage ensures the progression of preimplantation and postimplantation mammalian development
Summary: During trophoblast development in mice, GATA2 and GATA3 act synergistically by directly regulating a large number of common genes, and together are important to ensure trophoblast lineage progression.
- Genome-wide identification of regulatory elements in Sertoli cells
Summary: Chromatin profiling identifies numerous putative transcriptional enhancers of genes important for sex determination and Sertoli development, and validate a novel enhancer upstream of Wt1.
- A p53-based genetic tracing system to follow postnatal cardiomyocyte expansion in heart regeneration
Highlighted article: Clonal expansion of p53+ cardiomyocytes is observed in neonatal heart, pre-adolescent and adult hearts, as well as in regenerating neonatal hearts subject to three different injury models.