- A process engineering approach to increase organoid yield
Summary: Implementation of a workflow to identify structural features of intestinal spheroids - an intermediate step in organoid emergence from human pluripotent stem cells - can enrich for pre-organoids.
- Pluripotent stem cell-derived organoids: using principles of developmental biology to grow human tissues in a dish
Summary: This Development at a Glance article summarises how knowledge gained from developmental biology can be used to guide human in vitro organogenesis, and discusses the potential applications of this technology.
- Using brain organoids to understand Zika virus-induced microcephaly
Summary: This Spotlight article summarises the latest advances in using cerebral organoids to model Zika virus infection and the resulting pathology.
- The physics of organoids: a biophysical approach to understanding organogenesis
Summary: This Spotlight article discusses some interesting applications of physics in organoid research, from computational modeling of organoid biology to understanding mechanical aspects of organ development.
- Bringing together the organoid field: from early beginnings to the road ahead
Summary: This Meeting Review summarises the major findings and themes that emerged from the 2016 EMBOǀEMBL Symposium entitled ‘Organoids: modelling organ development and disease in 3D culture’.
- Ethical issues in human organoid and gastruloid research
Summary: This Spotlight article summarizes some of the important ethical issues associated with research involving human organoids and other complex self-organized structures.
- The hope and the hype of organoid research
Summary: This Spotlight article discusses the exciting promise of organoid technology, as well as the current limitations and what it will take to overcome them.
- Translational applications of adult stem cell-derived organoids
Summary: This Primer article discusses how adult stem cell-derived organoids can be used to model human diseases, create personalized cancer therapies and further efforts in regenerative medicine.
- Integrin suppresses neurogenesis and regulates brain tissue assembly in planarian regeneration